Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Utah Trip - December 2017

I have come to the realization that I am someone who needs my family. 
My parents, brother, sisters, in-laws, nieces, and nephews are a piece of me that needs to be occasionally fed and filled. I explained this to Peter and he was good enough to sympathize with my need and let me go to Utah. Samantha was so lucky to go with me. 
 We had a great time after we landed visiting Temple Square. 
 These Light the World vending machines were so cool! You could buy cards that were equal to meals for the homeless or 3 chickens or a goat.  You could also buy some simple things like a pair of socks, a first aid kit (that is what I bought), or bottles and diapers. There was also a water bottle machine that depending on what row you bought for you could donate $5, $10, or $20 to clan water efforts worldwide.  It was awesome and humbling and fantastic to see so many people lined up to help and donate. 
 The views around Temple Square are beautiful as is this little girl. 


 We were wondering through these nativities when the lights turned on all over and it was magical! 






 Our cousins the Clegg's met us up at Temple Square for dinner and then we split up to and some of us stayed for The Savior of the World and the others headed home for bed. 
 The play was outstanding. I loved the spirit I felt there. I am so thankful for my Savior and his life and pray that I will always take the opportunity to testify of him in word and deed. 
 I had the chance to spend some time with my old, dear friend (and room mate) Wendy Brown Johnson. We talked for hours and it was uplifting to my soul. I am always better after a good Wendy hug and some of her counsel. 
 Saturday morning Derick, Tammy and their kids came over for some breakfast. 
It was so fun to visit with them and Kate showed us her incredible flexibility.  
Derick and Samantha deep in conversation.
We spent a the rest of our morning and into the afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa Rabner. 
I don't know what I was thinking because I did not get a picture of her with them. But she did love her chance to play with this beautiful tea set. And Grandpa spoiled her with a trip to get donuts! 
 Sunday was the big day for Landon. He was a sweet little angel! 
 Carla had to head to tithing settlement and so we missed her in the picture.
 As much of the gang as was there doing a dab picture to send to Josh on his mission. 
 Sweetest little boy! 
 I sure love my sister and her family! They are a good looking bunch! 
 Monday my family offered to go to lunch together which was great. I got to choose what to have and I wanted good fries and fry sauce. We went to JCW's for hamburgers, fries, shakes, and of course fry sauce. 
 Samantha wanted chicken fingers. It was a 2 pc chicken finger and this was one of them. It was huge- more of a chicken breast than a chicken finger. 
I love these people! They are a part of me and at the core of who I am. I want all of the happiness in the world for them. When they face trials, I long to ease their pain or be able to provide them with whatever counsel or support they need. I love being able to celebrate their triumphs and family successes with them. 
And then it was over. We had so much fun and I will cherish the memories! 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Are you calling me old? ;) I'm so blessed to have you for a friend! Sure wish we could see more of each other! Love you!