Thursday, January 4, 2018

Samantha and the Scissors - November 2017

Samantha is the 5th child and yet in her short life she has colored on more surfaces (walls, clothes, and furniture) with all types of writing tools (pens, markers, pencils) than all of our other children combined. 
She has not been too bad with scissors.  The only time her hair was cut was when Lily did it. But on this fateful day she took those scissors to our couch.
 We bought these couches 12 years ago and in the first 2 weeks of owning them Joseph spread Elmer's glue all over one of the couches cushions.  They have been spit up on, jumped on, jumped off of, slept on, drawn on (see above), and even peed upon.  There was a small tear in one of the cushions in a 90 degree angle.  Well, one day Samantha took it upon herself to make that hole a bit bigger. I was on my way out the door when I discovered it and I simply had no words nor time to go crazy. She was quickly banned from all scissors for the forseeable future. 
As I said, I was on my way out  and it was to pick up the boys from a camp out. While in the parking lot I mentioned to another mother what had happened. She gave me the best suggestion. She told me to use an iron-on patch. It was the perfect solution. I turned the cover inside out and placed the patch on the inside. It worked so well! I missed one little flap and so I stitched over the cut as well. In the end, it was almost as good as new. 

No comments: