Thursday, October 4, 2018

August: Finishing off the month in style

So this happened! I had not planned on starting until next fall but a co-worker informed me that the application process for Texas Women's University had changed and they deadline was in September. So, I decided why not and submitted the application. It was a bit of a leap of faith and when I sent it all of the plans and thoughts of possibly going to school again one day became a reality. I felt brave and bold and nervous all at the same time. 

 The girls and I did a little sewing project that last rainy week of summer. We made their skirts and Arabella's shirt. They were them the same day and so we captured the moment. 

 18 years of wedded bliss! We went to dinner and then a movie after a crazy rainstorm cancelled our plans of going to a Hot Air Balloon festival. So grateful for this man by my side to roll with the ups and downs that life brings. 

 Frank got really fluffy for a bit because we were really bad about brushing him. Check out that fuzz!! We have since bought a new brush that is much better and he is not quite so fluffy! 

 Samantha and I had a lovely morning doing puzzles one morning. 
 There was a court of honor and both boys earned all kinds of merit badges and awards! I am so proud of them. 

 Samantha meeting her preschool teacher Mrs. Hammond (of course I did not get a picture of her with her teacher- silly me). She has been so excited for her turn to go to CCDC preschool! I love her enthusiasm but I have missed her companionship as well. 



The last weekend that the splash pad was open we headed over for a bit of fun! The girls were so creative. They pretended they were pioneer children whose parents had died and so they were travelling by themselves. I guess that is what you get when you visit Nauvoo and then watch the movie 17 Miracles the Sunday before. We also had a fashion show as displayed by their fantastic poses. I want to soak up all of their creativity and imagination. 
Thank you August for your heat, humidity, rain, and many memories! 

No comments: