Thursday, August 20, 2015

24th of July- Pioneer Day!

I love the 24th of July!
It is a day of family, fun, parades, patriotism mixed with powerful pioneer heritage; it makes my heart overflow with pride and emotion.  
My morning started with a 10 k race,  The Speedy Spaniard, with these lovely sisters of mine!
Jana kept me going when my legs and lungs were protesting against the altitude and helped me get what I believe was a personal best! 
Yes, that is a 3rd place for my age group! 
 Next up was the Mapleton City Parade with the gang.



We had a great time at the park at the little carnival.
Jon loved being in the dunking booth. 
Lily was thrilled with her cat face painting.
And we you are all hot and the car is parked far away, Dad is able to do superhero things like carry 2 girls back to the car. 
More to come from the 24th.

No comments: