Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Rest of Valentine's Weekend

Saturday night, this handsome Valentine of mine took me to the temple where we did initiatories for some family names and then we got ice cream! Nothing fancy but definitely time well spent. 
 This man makes me happy every day! He does not like taking selfies even with me but he humors me and lets me take a few here and there. 
He works hard for our family even doing projects that he does not love because he loves us. 
He is super helpful around the house: laundry, ironing, mopping, sweeping, dishes, cooking, bathrooms, yard work, homework help, doing girls hair, making lunches-he helps with it all. 
I am thankful for him every day and I am trying each day to show it better and reciprocate his love and kindness, patience and strength, faith and testimony. 
I love you Peter!
And finally, on Sunday Valentines day had arrived and these two girls were home sick from church. 
They were good sports and let me put them in their matching Valentine dresses which were once sized for a smaller Lily and Arabella. 
We enjoyed our Sunday doing various family things and then we had the missionaries over for dinner. It was a great time! I need to be better about taking pictures. 
We had Surf and Turf - terminology that we taught to our kids and they now think is really cool to say. We had steak and a shrimp pasta, asparagus, carrots, rolls and then red velvet cake for dessert. 
It was a wonderful, love filled day!


No comments: