Wednesday, February 10, 2016

King Cake

I should have taken a picture of Jon with the baby, because he was the lucky one to find it. 
I had never heard of king cake until I married Peter and learned a bit about Mardi Gras. This of course is important to Peter because of the time he spent living in New Orleans. While living in Las Vegas, Peter's mom sent me a recipe for King cake and I have tried to make one each year since. I have missed a few years but it really is tasty and worth the work once a year. 
One of the great things about marriage is that you each bring traditions and memories to your combined life and from that you create new traditions and memories with each other and your kids all of which leads to a happy and fulfilling life. 

1 comment:

Kelsey Booth said...

Way to go! I think I am the only one in the family who has never made king cake! Ha!