Friday, August 16, 2013

Utah Part 7

The morning we hiked Mt. Timp we headed to one of my dad's job sites. He calls it the rock climbing house and I call it the Hobbit house.  He has been working on this house for a while and still has months of work to do.  But, I guess it can take years to build a house when it is 17,000 sq. ft, with reclaimed ranch fence rails from Montana and massive boulders from Wyoming and curved everything in it. 
 This picture is for perspective- that is a full sized trackhoe in that picture. It is there to dig the swimming pool. Backyard.
 From the side looking toward the front.  There will be a circular drive that goes through the circles- how circular!
 Looking at the front of the house- are you getting the Hobbit feel; round doors and all.
 This is the doorway from the master bedroom onto the private patio. 
 This is looking up to the second story of the master closet. The bathroom was nice but I was a bit surprised at how small the closet was. I mean for 17,000 sq ft I was expecting more.  Then my dad pointed out to me that the small spiral (yes more circles) staircase at the back of the closet led to the upstairs closet which was close to the size of my bedroom. 
 Custom made curved pocket door that closes the rest of the house off from the master wing.  There was a round reading room and a 40 foot long glass walled hallway from there to the master bedroom.
 Thee study is two stories tall and has a reading loft which extends out from the wall on a beam; what I am trying to say is there are no columns or other supports from the bottom. 

 This is a pic looking up at the reading loft from the ground level.
 This was my favorite part, the curved walkway (open hallway).  The curved staircase goes around a platform that my dad had been told will have a grand piano sitting on it. 

 4 of the 7 garages.
 This dumpster had something in it that had caught on fired during the night.  Sure glad the house did not catch on fire! The tall tower on the Left is the rock climbing wall - 67 ft tall, the tallest in Utah.
I am overlooking the half basketball court.  There is also a racquetball court, golf simulator, sauna, and theater room. 
The view were magnificent and I can see why there people want to live there. 
I would love to take a tour when it is all done. 

No comments: