Saturday, August 10, 2013

Utah Part 4- Bear Lake Edition

BEWARE: Tons of Pictures
We headed to Bear Lake on Thursday morning and stayed through Sunday afternoon.
The weather was beautiful and the water was suprisingly warm. 
The sand was perfect for building and the creative juices were flowing so there were some great sand structures, sculptures and holes dug. 
 Lily was hesitant for all of about 1 minute and then she was totally into the sand and water. 
 Arabella and Addie were great play buddies.

 Our set up- 3 ez ups and 2 half tent like pop ups. There were sand toys in abundance and the snacks kept everyone happy.

 Give the man a shovel and he will dig a hole and find the water table and be happy!
 My nephew Josh who has grown so much and is a truly wonderful young man. 
 All hands on deck as the sand castle was beginning. Everyone helped in some way and it turned out amazing!
 Calee, Malisa, and Brooklyn had a true knack for making the tiny spirals.  Calee also patiently decorated the castle with shells Sadie had carefully gathered. 
 Joey dug his own hole and just like his dad was very happy!
The castle is complete and is truly a work of art!
 Blurry but only because Peter was moving so fast pulling the kids on the tube. We had pulled it behind Malisa and Tom's boat but they had gone out water skiing and so we took some of the really little kids on it this way. 

 Joey had a good time making his name. 
 Jon and Parker were great friends too!
 "I bet I can make my legs more sandy than yours."
 Addie's face covered in sand. 
The next morning we had family photos. I did not pull out my camera but I am sure they will look amazing.
We spent the afternoon playing at a park. 
 Joey read- he has read at least a dozen chapter books this summer. I love it!
 Kite flying, bubble blowing, marshmallow launchers, otter pops, and ultimate frisbee 
(my first time playing and I loved it!).

 This is a perfect picture of my mom.  She is happy because she is surrounded by her family and they are enjoying time together. 
 This picture makes me so happy- this is my dad telling a funny story. I love when he laughs and he loves to laugh. I am so thankful for my parents. 
 Sunday we went to sacrament meeting and then packed up and headed home.  We picnicked by the Brigham City Temple and then stopped by the Church History Museum so we could experience the scout exhibit. It was great!
No wonder, Moroni is always portrayed as a really strong man- those plates are heavy!

No comments: