Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More Track Meets

The Saturday before Father's Day, Jon's track meet was here in Lewisville.  We were hosting. 
Peter and I were volunteers. He did the long jump- which lasted ALL day long and I helped in concessions in the afternoon. 
 The kids were troopers. When Peter was not done and I needed to go to my post, Lily with her backpack went to the long jump and sat in her camp chair and then fell asleep in it. I wish I had a picture but it was too hard to get with my camera from where I was at. 
Joey and Arabella were in chairs in our team area and entertained themselves with coloring books and reading. Arabella has become quite adept at making friends at these meets and so by the end she had a few older girls (like 7 or 8) that she was playing with. 
 Jon waiting to do the relay. 
 Arabella gave herself a bruise/hickey on her upper lip from her gatorade bottle. 
 Go Jon!
 This last weekend the meet was in Mineral Wells which was 1 hour and 40 minutes away. 
It was a drive but going out to it gave us something to do besides sitting at home wishing Dad would be home from Scout Camp.
 Jon ran fast and the weather was beautiful. The kids were great. 

We bought this little pop-up with the idea in mind that it would work well for track meets and it has been really nice. We plan to take it to Utah with us to use at Bear Lake as well. We played games in there, read books, colored, and ate lunch and snacks. Good Times!

No comments: