Sunday, June 16, 2013

Daddy

I have been holding on to this picture to use for Father's day
Lily is Peter's shadow. As soon as he gets home from work she must be where he is doing what he is doing or at least trying. She loves to "ha" (hug) him and she does not have to ask twice to get him to read her a story. 

This one is from the track meet last Saturday. Arabella has her dad kind of wrapped around her finger. She loves him and loves to laugh with him. I remember when I was pregnant with Joey and we did not know what we were having yet and I was worried that if it was a girl he would be upset because he was so set on having a boy. That was silliness- he is putty with these two angels.
Oh but my boys are lucky too! Peter is so good about working with Joey on his cub scout things. He loves to "help" Jon with his video games. He is wonderful about working with the boys on their spelling words in the mornings as they eat breakfast and he makes their lunches (yes, he does this 95% of the time) and while he takes them to school (this is on his way to work).
Peter truly is the patriarch of our family. When I have to work on Monday nights and we were not able to do FHE on Sunday for some reason he sees that it gets done. He reads scriptures and writes in the journal when I have to work or have meetings. What I am saying is that he is just as amazing when I am not home as when I am home!  
I am grateful each and every day - every hour really- for Peter. He is spiritual, smart, funny, hardworking, sweet, stubborn at times, strong, service minded, committed, adventurous, patient, a true partner. I hope his Father's Day is wonderful and that he had a great time at Scout Camp this week. 

I would also like to say that my dad is the best dad a girl could ask for. I am thankful for his hardwork, love, service, attention, tenderheart, discipline, and testimony. So much of what and who I am is because of the great and amazing man he is. I love you Dad!

And of course, I am blessed with an excellent man as my Father-in-law. I have come to know him well enough over the years that there are times I see Peter doing things and I know that he learned them from his dad. Max has a strong commitment to the gospel and I am thankful for his testimony. The last few years have  had some interesting ups and downs for our family and I know that Peter  has been grateful for his relationship with his dad to help him along. Thanks Max for loving me as part of the family.

No comments: