Friday, June 14, 2013

Jon's Accomplishment

On the eve of the last day of school Jon had a big accomplishment...
 he beat his Bakugan game. 
I believe he got this game for his birthday 1 or 2 years ago I can not remember.
He has spent a lot of time figuring it out and working with Joey and Peter to learn to play it better.
Considering that he only gets screen time if he gets a good behavior mark at school and then it is limited by extra curricular activities and practice and other such things he has not played for days on end. 
Jon has a knack for video games and I have come to a point in my parenting life that I am okay to admit that I let my son play video games (ratings and content monitored of course) and feel he is developing a skill. I am not exactly sure how Bakugan will help him in his future life but I do know it has helped he and Joey to have something to work on together and that to me is worth it. 
Way to go Jon!

2 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Way to go Jon! Games are fun and its good for Joey and Jon to have something they enjoy doing together and learning how to be a good looser... im still working on that one!

Jana Clegg said...

Awesome. Love the picture.