Sunday, November 4, 2018

October 2018: Color Run, Symphony, and General Conference

Every child should have the chance to feed ducks in their life. I would like to think that I have taken Samantha to feed ducks before but I do not know. Anyhow, I am so glad that I did- she loved it and this one particular duck made for a great experience. 

 Valley Ridge Elementary did a color run for their huge fundraiser this year and it was really fun to go and watch the kids soak up every minute of the activity and color mess! 
 I was lucky to get a shot of Lily pre color dust  but I did not catch Arabella until after. 
 These kids had a fantastic time! 


 This is my friend Erika who took one for her daughter's teacher and stayed with the kids when the stood in a large group and empty out their color pouches- so much dust and so much color! 
 Peter and I were able to get all dolled up and go to the Fort Worth Symphony with our friends Carlos and Jen Cruz. Debussy was the main composer showcased and it was lovely! We then had a fantastic time at dinner. I loved having the chance to spend time with my handsome husband and get in some great laughs and adult conversation with great people. 
 And then we had conference, which meant going through 72  hour kits. I am grateful for Peter's initiative on this and keeping us prepared! If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.
 The kids were so good and listened quite well. We had our traditional fruit and veggie platters. We also had Rueben sandwiches and chicken salad sandwiches. The bowls of candy with a word associated with it were probably the key to the good listening. If they heard that particular word they were able to have a piece of that candy. Lily was really good at this. 

This is Lily's efforts to take notes, since that is what Peter and I and older 3 kids were doing she joined in. I love early spelling. I love more her desire to listen to and understand the words of our leaders. It was such a great first week of October. 

No comments: