Sunday, November 4, 2018

October 2018: Cool Clouds and a Weekend Getaway with the Ostermiller's

Peter and I happened to be in the same part of Dallas one day and so we met for lunch. He had a few things to finish at his job site. Yes, he was wearing rubber boots, a mask, and a tool belt. My love grew for him in that moment as I watched him using his skills and knowledge to provide for our family. 
 I was driving Jon to school one day and the clouds were absolutely amazing! 


 They were rippled and swirling and awesome! 
 Awhile back, we came up with a hair brain idea to rent a cabin for a weekend in Broken Bow, Oklahoma and get away with our friends. It actually all came together and we did it and it was so nice. Now, I will say that this was the second time I have been to Broken Bow and the second time it has rained nearly the entire time we were there. 



We had a great time learning at the Nature Center on Saturday. There was supposed to be a special presentation along the surrounding trail by Forestry students from Oklahoma State. They took their presentation inside and it was really interesting.  





 We still braved the rain and cold and went on a short hike. We rewarded the children with a ridiculously long wait at a pizza restaurant for lunch. The pizza was delicious though! 

 Otherwise, we spent a lot of time playing games and watching movies. 
 Largest stick bug I have ever seen not in a zoo. 
 Joseph eluded all of my pictures so I had to get one of him on our way home after church. We attended sacrament meeting in a tiny branch nearby. 


We finished the weekend by making a slight detour to visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris, TX. It is not bigger than the real Eiffel tower but it does have a cowboy hat so that makes it better. 
I have this sense that our kids are growing up quickly and the opportunities to make memories with them is fleeting. Peter was really good and sat down and scheduled some camping trips the next few months. I hope that this intentional effort to spend more time together as a family experiencing this world around us will make for strengthened family ties and resilient children. 

No comments: