Thursday, May 4, 2017

March Beginnings

The first weekend in March I spent in Chicago with this amazing family! 
Kelsey had just had sweet baby Lucy and I was able to go for a few days of snuggles and driving kids around to their activities and some fun family time. 
 Seriously, how adorable is this sweet, precious baby! 


I love this family! Kelsey is one of those amazing women that I am in awe of. She has had her share of challenges in her life but she faces them with such an amazing faith and a new found openness.  With this most recent pregnancy she was very open with people about her past struggles with depression and anxiety and I am so thankful for the many people in her community (neighbors, church friends, social friends) that surrounded her with love, support, food, help, and encouragement. She is an example to me that we allow ourselves and others to grow when we are honest and open.  This same honesty had caused some added stress in other ways but she had faced it with courage and a mindfulness of what is best for her well being.  I pray that she will always be able to know and understand just how amazing she is and that she has more strength than most of the women the world views as strong. I am so thankful for the days I was able to spend with the Booth family! 

No comments: