Sunday, April 23, 2017

A few more pictures of Jon

When Jon earned his Arrow of Light in February, it took about 10 seconds for him to try and make the arrow go through his head. I was rolling my eyes but if you look in the next picture...
 it must just be an 11 year old boy thing. 

 We are so proud of this boy! He has been working hard at scouts and is on his way to becoming an Eagle.  He gets to attend scout camp this summer because Peter is going to go for a few days with him and the leaders agreed to let him.  
On Friday, Jon brought home a paper with the overall pass or fail notification for the STAAR test (the state testing in Texas). He had passed and I knew he would but there was a web link and a code I could use to see his actual score and I was curious and took a look. This boy, who is not one to boast and often seems to be one who is not actively seeking to achieve all he can but just to get by with the minimum, earned 100% on his math test and only missed one on the reading exam.  This is a big deal.  He has always done well but never this well. Joseph has never done this well. I have realized that Jon is just not one who likes to draw attention to himself and just how much he knows.  I hope that somehow this will help him to see that he really could be or do anything in his life. 

No comments: