Sunday, May 14, 2017

March Ends

At the end of Spring Break, we went camping overnight with our friends the Miller's. It was super windy in the afternoon but it slowed and turned into a lovely evening. 


 We camped next to the scout troop, so Joseph slept in his own tent and ate his meals with the scouts.  It was a really fun weekend! 

 That Saturday was my birthday- 38 years young! 
Peter made one of my wishes come true. I always said that when I grew up I would make a batch of Oh Henry bar mix and eat it without cooking it (there are no eggs). When I came to dinner, this bowl full of Oh Henry mix was sitting at my place. I did eat some healthy food but I thoroughly enjoyed my mix! 

 Peter's sister Lindsay and her 4 kids came for a visit and we loved having them here. 
 The sandbox and our new swing set kept the kids super busy. 
We found some time for fun at the Zoo! 




This random jar of sand, rocks, and water was an object lesson I used during a family council.
I learned it in my Self Reliance Course I have been facilitating on finances. The jar represents our income- it is a set, fixed amount.  There are 2 large rocks that represent savings and tithing. Small rocks and sand represent all of our bills.  In the course, it talks about how if you put the sand in first (ie pay your bills and needs and wants) and then try to fit tithing and savings in it does not all fit.  But, if you pay your tithing and save first (ie put the big rocks in first) then you can make all of the sand fit as well.  The scripture about tithing and the windows of heaven being opened to us and the blessings being poured upon us came to mind (Malachi 3:10).  So I added the water to represent those blessings.  It was amazing to see how much water fit in the jar with everything else.  If we are obedient and let God into our lives and even our finances he will work miracles. 
 All of the kids were able to come on an adventure to the Perot museum. We had a great time!


Arabella's first General Women's Meeting. I was so excited for her.  I gave her a notebook to take notes and she asked me what sort of things she should write down. I explained what I do and I loved watching her trying so hard to recognize the promptings of the spirit while she was listening to the speakers and then recording those things. She is a great daughter or God and she teaches me all of the time. I love her! 


And then there was this! A crazy hailstorm that caused all kinds of damage.  I was at work and we did not even get a drop of rain.  Peter said it sounded like someone was taking a sledge hammer to our roof.  We are getting a new roof and a few other things repaired to the outside of our house.  
Peter's truck did not fair too well. He has a new windshield and needs a new hood and a roof on his truck.  It was intense.  

And then there is this lovely photo.  She climbed up next to the mannequin and insisted I take her picture.  She is so funny! 

No comments: