Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Museum of Curiosity

On Friday, December 30th I had a lunch date with five of the best women I have ever met! 
Peter was a trooper and entertained the kids by taking them to the Museum of Natural Curiosity! They were so excited because their cousins had told them all about it. I was excited because my Perot Museum Pass got them all in for free! 
Grandma Rabner was a trooper too because she tagged along to help Peter with the kids and enjoy a little more time with them before our trip was over. 











These are those amazing women I mentioned above: L to R: Lora Jean (Bennion) Buss, me, Rachel (Ray Bushman) Biesinger, Paula (Hatch) Kremser, Wendy (Brown) Johnson, Heather (Heb Blanchard) Wihongi. These 5 women were my assigned room mates in Carroll Hall during my BYU days.  The Lord gave me one of my greatest gifts then, these wonderful, talented, smart, faithful, loving, wise, listening, prayerful, full of laughter, patient, inspiring women. 
We were really just girls when we met but we have become women now and have gained the experiences that accompany life and aging and womanhood.  They all live close enough that they get together once a month for a book club with a few other room mates that came along through the years.  What I would not give to be able to go to those each month.  In the few hours I had to spend with these women that day, I was fed mind, body, and soul! They lift me and love me. They were a fresh start when I did not know that I needed one and they loved me with all of my imperfections (which are easy to find when living with each other). These are my lifelong friends and there better be a way for us to get together in heaven or there is something wrong with the universe. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Maybe we can all go live in our little commune out in the woods and go chop wood together! Peter would love that, huh? ;) Love you, lady!