Monday, January 30, 2017

Skiing and Temple Square

So there was that one day that we took the train to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square and go to the Church History Museum with the Rabner Family. We were in a rush to get out the door and I forgot not only the actual camera but my phone as well.  It would be okay though because Peter had his phone, but wait... we discovered his phone battery hated the cold and so we ended up with no pictures.  Uncle Ben has some and I will get those soon and get them posted. 

Then there was Wednesday.  It was the day to redeem the big kids Christmas gift- ski lessons.
It was so beautiful up the canyon.
Peter's dream is to live in a cabin in a canyon with a stream near by or better on his property.  He wants to chop wood and have snow and after driving in these beautiful mountains I say sign me up! 
 The picture below was taken during the lunchbreak. We survived ski rental and getting the kids off on their lessons.  We then enjoyed a few hours of skiing and snowboarding for Peter.  It took me a bit to remember but it came back pretty quick.  Peter looked as if he had been on the slopes the day before. I must say he looked pretty hot cutting it up on the slopes on his board.  
We then took the kids in the afternoon and enjoyed the bigger runs.  Jon was struggling by the end but I told him that I was going to make sure he made it down the mountain- I started to encourage myself that I too would make it helping him- my skiing not being the problem but my dwindling patience.  But, make it we both did and hopefully he will be willing to try skiing again one day. 
Joseph and Arabella were doing really well so Peter and Uncle Ben (he was such a help going with us) were able to get in another run while I was helping Jon.  
We ended the day with dinner at Brick Oven with my parents and Lily and Samantha. 
It was such a fun day! I hope it is not another 14 years before I get to ski again. 

No comments: