Saturday, July 4, 2015

Yard Things

Over the last few months we have gotten a ton of rain! 
I mean like flooding, roads shut down, lakes at 100 year highs, lakes that were at 19% of normal and now are at 95%.  Crazy rain! I was wondering if I needed to start building an ark.  
It is amazing to see though how once the rain stops for a week or two the ground dries up quite fast. Oh well, it has made for a more mild summer, if not a bit more humid, and I am not complaining about that. 
We also decided to cut down our trees in front of our house. 
It was a sad day but Peter got to buy a new chainsaw and spend a day playing with power tools. 
The trees were so big that they were drawing so much water from around the house they were leading to foundation issues- a common problem in Texas, the foundations not the trees. 
We have since finished cutting down both of the trees and are going to begin working on removing the stumps and then we will plant Crape Myrtle trees. 


And in this picture if you strain your eyes you might be able to see the repaired foundation. Okay, I am just kidding but after writing such a sizeable check and sending the workers on their way, I had to take a photo to document the occasion. They did remove a fair number of our front bushes which I am okay with because now we can plant new ones. It will take some time but I think in a few years it will be beautiful!

No comments: