Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Old Camera

I have yet to share the joy that was Joseph's first scout camp but here is a sneak peek.
I found an old disposable Kodak camera just the day before they (Joseph and Peter) left, that had half of it's pictures left on it.  I sent it with Joseph, along with a crash course in how they work. I don't know if you can even buy those anymore. 




Anyway, there is a sneak peek of what camp was like. They did have a great time! There was rain, mud, swimming, laughing, food, and learning. 

Now for what we found in the other half of the pictures.
 Joseph stole the camera!

No idea whose feet those are but they are not mine. 
 These pictures made Peter the happiest. He remembered making this huge mud pit for the boys. 
 Based on the fact that Jon is still in diapers, these are from 2007 or 2008.

 My boys loved parks that had sand! 


This picture makes me so happy! You are asking why because Jon has a blank look on his face. 
Now, look at Joseph (he was okay being called Joey when this was taken).  He has his blankie, which I believe he called his "B", and he is sucking on the corner and tickling his nose with another corner.  This was his second blanket because of the sucking thing.  His first one though it was repeatedly washed I had to trim the corners and refinish and so when it was needing a trim a second time we opted for Grandma Bird to make him a new blanket.  This time it had trucks on it.  He took to it well and soon the corners started to fade and turn brown.  I will always remember the times he could not find it and he would ask "Have you seen my blanket? It is blue with brown corners and trucks on it." We finally just took it away and it was sad- much like a pacifier thing.  He continued to tickle his nose with the edges of his blankets and may still do it but I have not caught him in a few years. 
Sweet memories of motherhood, early childhood, muddy boys, and happy times. 

No comments: