Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cub Camp 2015

Cub Camp this year was a family affair!
Peter helped make swaps and to keep the house running while I was gone from 6:55 am to 4 pm Monday to Thursday the last week of June. 
This was Jon's second year going as a cub scout and he was really grateful he did not have the flu this year and was thus able to enjoy the whole week at camp! 
It was a wild west theme and so there were many fun activities and crafts. 


Monday I was able to be a be a walking den leader with Jon's group and was even able to shoot BB guns with him. It was so much fun! 
The rest of the week I helped out in the Tot Lot - babysitting for kids potty trained and up that can not attend cub camp. We only had a few girls that were over the age of 8 but averaged 16-22 kids each day. I was thankful by the end of the week that I ended up helping all week. I met some great women and gained a new love for the woman from my ward who asked me to help out. 
 Arabella and Lily thought it was the best thing to be able to go to tot lot all week. 
 
Samantha spent Monday at a friend's house and the rest of the time went with me. She is obviously not potty trained but since I was going to be in tot lot they let me take her. That was nice because she does not really like to be left with other people. She overall liked it, hated it and found it completely exhausting. 

 One day a fire truck came up and sprayed the campers during lunch. I just barely went in the spray with Samantha and it felt wonderful!
 Lily also chose to keep a safe distance. But Jon and Arabella were soaked!

You might be wondering where Joseph was in all of this. Well, he was up there with us as a Junior Staff. The first 2 days he helped with a craft station.  The next two days he spent the morning moving 5 gallon buckets of sand and gravel to various trails to fill in potholes that had formed due to the excessive rainfall.  I had the supervising leader tell me how impressed she was with how hard he worked and that he did not complain, he just got it done. One afternoon he helped in tot lot a bit too. 
I am pretty sure you will see a similar post next year - it was good for all of us. 

No comments: