Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandpa Bird

 Today is my dad's birthday! 
I am so proud to be his daughter!
He is a good, hardworking, faithful, funny, loving, strong, talented man!
My mom shared the story with me once of when they found out they were going to have their first baby. She confessed she was a bit overwhelmed but happy.  But she said my dad was over the moon happy! 
There are many things I love about my Dad. I have been converting negatives to digital this week and found this gem. I have no idea how old it is but I believe it was before Jana was married so 2003 or 2004. 
This picture shows a few things about my dad:
He makes his salad the same every time at Brick Oven (which is one of his favorite restaurants).
He gets the hawaiian pizza.
He would not dream of having alfredo sauce.
He loves their root beer, or root beer at a restaurant.
Other greats about my dad:
He loves hot french fries.
He tears up when he feels the spirit.
He usually has a joke for you.
He is willing to help those who need it (little red comes to mind as well as several examples of paying for various things for people with no thought of being paid back).
He has a firm testimony in the priesthood and the gospel with all of the blessings it brings.
He loves my Mom- I have never doubted it!
He likes his back scratched.
We loved to take his socks and shoes off for him when he would come home.
He loves a BYU sports game.
If you want to know anything about Disney pin trading- he is your man.
He has always been someone I could turn to.
He has stayed in touch with his childhood friends.
He won my grandmother (my mom's mom) over by being a handyman around her house.
He loves to find ways of helping me still to this day.
He surprised me when I had Arabella by painting my garage- I was thrilled.
All in all my dad is a truly GREAT man!
I hope to be like him someday!
Love you Dad- Happy Birthday!

No comments: