Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Flashbacks Part 3

 One thing I have thought often while scanning these pictures is that there are a number of them that would have been deleted and a new one taken due to strange faces or being blurry or any number of things. Also we take a whole lot more pictures now then we did then.

Anyway, after I came home from Guatemala, it was time to dive head first into wedding planning. We were married 18 days after I came home. 
Peter had the chance to propose to me again with the actual ring 2 weeks before our wedding. 
He took me out to eat at Chili's my favorite restaurant at the time. 
We then drove up to the parking area at the base of the Y and looked out over the valley. He then gave me 5 dozen roses. They were beautiful! Then he gave me a rose dipped in gold. I said just the right thing, "Oh that is so beautiful it will last forever!" To which he replied, "Just like a diamond." And then he gave me my ring. You can not see it in these pictures very well but he designed it and I loved it. 
The only request I had made was that it be flat so that I could easily get gloves off and on while working. I had watched plenty of my fellow nursing students struggle with gloves and their wedding rings. 

These were actually taken the next day. The funny part is that in the first picture you can see the boxes of wedding invitations on the table. In most cases, the proposal and ring are before invitations are ordered but we have never really been worried about protocol. 

No comments: