Sunday, February 16, 2014

Flashbacks (in multiple parts) Part 1

As part of preparing for baby, I have been sorting through two file boxes full of pictures and negatives.
Yes, you remember those days of film.
It has been so much fun to look through these past times of my life. We borrowed a machine that converts photos and negatives to a digital format. I quickly figured out that doing negatives was much faster since the contraption you put into the machine holds up to 6 pictures in negative form and only one actual photo. 
The negatives come out a bit more washed out but I love that I will have these memories digitized and on my external hard drive in my fireproof and waterproof safe. 
I did not really know where to start in sharing some of these memories and since I have not done any 
pre-2000 photos yet I will start there.
I had 3 friends get married within about 7-10 days that Spring.
Peter was recently home from his mission and we were in that awkward stage of so we still really like even love each other so now what?  We obviously figured it out.
 Jeni Puckett and Brad Neel. Her dream was to have lilacs (her favorite flower) at her wedding. She was married the very beginning of May and so her wish came true.
 Jenny Anderson and Marcus Boyer. We have known each other since we were in elementary school and were on the same soccer team. We became good friends once we were in middle school. I still consider her one of those people who I could pick up the phone today and have a great conversation with even though we have not spoken in years. 
Paula Hatch and Miklos Kremser
She was one of my roommates. I did not know these 5 (Rachel is missing because she was on her mission) girls at all when I moved over to BYU my freshman year.  They had all gone to high school together.  I was nervous but they accepted me immediately and they are my most dear friends. We have all gone different ways and have lived all over the place but we could still have a great time together, especially if it were a Thursday night. That was the night of the week that always seemed the hardest to focus on studying and we usually ended up doing something other than studying.
Paula and Miku live in England now. I wish I could go visit her. She is one of the smartest, most photogenic, sugar loving girls I have ever known. 
Peter tagged along with me to most of these wedding festivities. This was taken after I believe Jenny's wedding luncheon. Oh we were young and in love and truthfully both wishing it were our wedding we were doing all of these things for.

No comments: