Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Alamo

Tuesday morning we headed to the San Antonio missions which includes the Alamo.
I was impressed with the work being done by the National Parks Service to maintain and restore these beautiful landmarks and significant pieces of history. 
 I was thankful for the chance that I had to share a different way of worship to my children. I was able to take the chance to reaffirm some things that I had just talked to my kids about that Sunday when we discussed the apostasy in primary.  It made me thankful for the gospel in a new and different way.
 The Alamo is an amazing story. The line was really long and so we did not wait to go inside the actual chapel portion but we enjoyed the grounds. I especially loved this huge tree- it is massive and they have poles holding up many of the branches.  The picture in the upper left is the inside of one of the chapels-it was so lovely. 
My kids know how to make park ranger uniforms look really good.  The older kids did it and so Lily had to do it too. And, I pretty much love the picture of Jon and Lily holding hands- precious! 
We headed out of San Antonio and to San Marco where there are a ton of outlets. We had a great time shopping. It rained while we were there and did not think to much of it.  Then, as we were driving through Austin-which was pretty much shut down traffic wise because the rain had caused significant flash floods- we had a new respect for the rain. It was a long drive home but the trip was worth it.

No comments: