Tuesday, April 16, 2013

SeaWorld San Antonio

SeaWorld was amazing!
The weather was beautiful and thought it was crowded we were able to see all of the shows and most of the animal/sea life exhibits.
I am guessing it is because there have been so many accidents in the past but the trainers do not swim with the orca whales anymore. It was a good show but not my favorite.
 The comedy show with the GIANT walrus was funny but still not my favorite. 
 AZUL was my favorite and by the time it was over Jon had decided that he definitely wanted to work there when he grew up. The show has beluga whales that the trainers swam with. There were these beautiful black and white dolphins and macaws.  There were also all sorts of acrobatic, swimming and diving routines.  
Above you can see the black and white dolphins as well as the girl that did a routine in long pieces of material (whatever that is called, I am sure you a have seen it before).
 This diving was awesome and hard to capture in pictures.  They added more and more people to the swing and then when it was going really high they started to dive off.  In the last picture on the far left you can see the last man on the swing got it going so high he was upside down. If you go to SeaWorld San Antonio you must see this show. 
 This was the funniest part of the day. My dad and I had gone on this ride earlier with the Joey and Jon.  You get wet on the ride but not too bad.  In the afternoon, the kids wanted to go again so my mom took the older three.  While my dad and I were watching we realized that the spectators could get really wet if you stood in a certain spot.  The first two pictures above are my mom coming down with the kids and their boat's splash - notice the mother and daughter with their backs turned bracing for impact.  Well, we convinced the kids to stand and watch the next boat come down when they got off. They did not know what they were in for.  I stood by Lily and Joey and Arabella grabbed a  hold of the railing to watch.  Jon did not hold on to anything and was hit full force by the wave, it knocked him off of his feet and he floated backwards a few feet on the wave.  It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen and I wish so bad I had caught it on camera.  Jon was soaked from head to toe and the first thing he said was he would never believe grandpa or me again.  Well truthfully, we were as surprised as he was which is part of what was so funny. Joey and Arabella were soaked in the front but were not swept away. (For those of you who witness Mom on the slide in Las Vegas, it was that kind of funny.)
  Jon clinging for his life on the super fast, super high roller coaster was the second funniest thing of the day.  The third funniest thing was that Joey's hair, as short as it is, was actually wind blown from the intense speed of the roller coaster.
I am so thankful my parents came and took us on an adventure. We are sad Peter could not come but we are glad he will have the time to play with us this summer. 

1 comment:

Amanda Miller said...

Jon would be a fantastic animal trainer! Looks like a fun day!