Monday, April 22, 2013

Hitch?

Have you seen the movie Hitch?
He has an allergic reaction to something while at a cooking class on a date. 
His face swells up huge.
He drinks liquid Benadryl through a straw from the bottle.
  
 I considered doing just that.
 Not sure if I am having a late reaction to antibiotics or a reaction to some pollen I came in contact with while working in the yard Saturday.
The red spots on my forehead are not zits but hives/welts.  My eyes were not this swollen yesterday which is good because sharing time would have been a disaster.  The kids would have been distracted by my huge eyes and not learned about the restoration of the priesthood. 
Also my scalp is swollen which can not be captured in a photo.  I can not tip my head back fully due to the swelling at the base of my skull from my scalp.  And now my ears are starting to swell.
No need to worry, I am a medical professional.  The benadryl I took yesterday did nothing but make me drowsy and ease the itching for about an hour.  
These two lovely ladies just took a trip to the store with me so that I could buy more benadryl (I finished ours off last night) and some Zantac (yes, it can be taken for allergic reactions).  
Gratefully, I have a follow up appointment for my surgery today and I will be asking my doctor to prescribe me some steroids- it is time for some serious allergy treatment.

No comments: