Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter 2013

Saturday we picked up our visitors-my parents! 
That night we dyed our eggs

Jon took his shirt off so it would stay clean. 
Sunday morning we hunted eggs and baskets. 
Jon has been asking since talk of Easter started that we make a yarn maze through the house. I agreed that we would do it and there was very little talk of the bunny and I did not mind. I did not make a big deal of it but just let it be. 
Each child has a different color of yarn that is strung throughout the main floor and there basket is hidden somewhere along the way. 
 Lily felt it was more fun to take the candy and treats out one at a time. We did finally get her to take her basket out from under the table.  
 I felt like I was in the movie Entrapment  as I tried to make my way through the lines of yarn.
 Through the kitchen.;

 Arabella found her basket which had a girl skylander character in it. 
 Jon is shirtless again because he spent the night throwing up in our room. That was special. He was feeling better by morning but we limited the candy intake and he did not go to church.
 The boys each had a new skylander in their baskets as well as a skylanders shirt.
 Princess lipgloss.
When your husband and one of your sons is staying home from church you don't get the happy family Easter clothes picture but this was a good one of us girls. I made the girls dresses this year. I am pleased with how they turned out. Lily's had a white collar and tie and Arabella's has a white ruffle on the bottom.  They are so adorable! I love them.
I taught my first sharing time and it was about the apostasy and restoration. I thought of doing an Easter lesson but the provided topic fit well. We talked of Christ and the things he did while alive and then how he instructed his apostles to continue to teach after his resurrection. I am so thankful for the Savior, his life, his teachings, his atonement, and his resurrection. He is my hope and through that I have peace.

No comments: