Sunday, April 28, 2013

Joey Testing

Joey is getting closer to his Second Degree Black Belt and this testing put him even closer.
It was interesting to watch him in a new environment and how distracted he was.
He does so well most of the time that I forget about some of his challenges.  But this made me realize that we do the same thing so often and in the same place that a new place was a good challenge for him.
We decided we need to start making him do his form when we are in different environments so that he will not be looking around at all of the pictures and reading signs while doing his form and be focused on  his actions.
But really he did a good job, all things considered.



This is a video of combat weapon sparring. Joey is constantly being reminded in class to keep his arm up to block and he does not do such a great job of remembering in this video- hence my commentary. I love the boy and I am so thankful for the many things he is learning through Taekwondo.
Watching this made me think about  the whole: "Never hit a girl" thing.  That rule does not apply in taekwondo.

No comments: