Friday, May 10, 2019

January 2019- Other Happenings

I tired my hand at making challah bread and this was one of my results. This was a chocolate challah and it was absolutely delicious! And worth all of the work. 



 The above series of pictures was taken during Sunday morning scripture study. As you can see, there are many emotions about this part of our day. But, what I am most grateful for, is that there is never whining. Our kids know that we read the scriptures as a family, we do it almost every day (room for improvement on the parents part), and I am hopeful that their lack of whining is because they are aware of the blessings and spirit it brings into not just our home but their lives as well. 
 In January, I started my master's program. It was a scary step to take but I know it will be worth it. 
(And now, that it is over and I am playing catch up on this blog, it has been such a huge blessing in my life. It was definitely challenging and frustrating at times but I have felt myself grow, stretch, and learn. I have been reminded of my intelligence, creativity, and desire to speak up and make things happen. I am more than just a mom and a nurse, I have the ability to change the world around me, but I need to take action.)
 I ran a race on Saturday morning and it was the coldest race I hope I ever run. Wind chill of less than 20 degrees. It was a good race though. 
 Jon was home sick from school and Samantha loved having someone to hang out with. She kind of stuck right by his side. 
 Samantha had a week to hang out with the classroom stuffed animal (it is the caterpillar, not the giant flamingo). She did all sorts of things with him. 
 It was also Western Day at school and so she was sporting her boots one day for school. 
And, here is the caterpillar and Samantha on her bike. 
January was a good month and a good start to a new year, 2019!

No comments: