Tuesday, July 17, 2018

March Conclusion (In July - but I will press on)

I had to take a picture of Lily's amazing coloring skills. She put so much detail into each little item. 
 I don't remember exactly why I took this but I found it and I love that my Grandpa Miner is in the background. I do not have memories of him but the ones I have are all happy. 
 And there is this gem, Peter is the one in the front and Ben (his older brother) is the head suspended up above. 

 Jon auditioned and was selected to be in an All District choir. The music the tried out with they then polished as well as learned some new music during a one day rehearsal and then they performed that night. It was fantastic! I love his musical skills and his bravery to try out for these things. 
 We also had the District Awards Banquet for Scouts. 
Peter spent a pretty good amount of time making these trophies for the camporee that was held a few weeks after this banquet so they were shown as a little bit of advertising. The theme was scouts of the round table and Peter was assigned the character as one of the leaders as the bishop, hence the costume. 





 Peter and both boys received awards that night. We knew about the boys but we were pleasantly surprised when Peter was given this service award. 



And finally, Joseph's math teacher did something really fun where she created a bracket and the kids could get on and compete against each other with math questions at a specific time of day. Joseph made his way up the bracket over the course of the few weeks this went on and he did it- he won! He was so very excited! We were so proud of him. He has a gift for math and I hope it will serve him well in his life and future school and career choices. 

No comments: