Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Mom's Birthday

I had a great birthday! 
 Famous pancakes
 A much needed haircut with a new style.
 A date with my husband and some friends to a hockey game which the Stars won (that was really nice of them to do that for my birthday)!
The next day, Sunday, I was excited to sport the new dress and accessories sent by my parents and sisters. 




My birthday dinner was on Sunday and it was delicious! 
Zucchini Con Carne, Spinach Strawberry Salad, and Upside Down German Chocolate Cake (we did not tip it soon enough for it to actually be upside down). Delicious! I am thankful actually for these slightly goofy pictures of me because they show how I hope my children will remember me: smiling, happy, enjoying life and loving them and my time with them. I know I am not always sunshine and roses but I do hope that the good in me will out way the not so good. 
Here is the recipe for the cake
Although the recipe I had from the box had you melt a stick of butter and add the coconut and pecans to that and then put that on the bottom of the pan followed by the cake batter and then the dollops of cream cheese frosting mixture. Yummy!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Shell, I love those photos of you, too! All of them! You are beautiful! I pinned the recipe because that certainly sounds like a cake I would enjoy. A lot. I love you, girl!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Love the new hair cut. Cute. I love that you at least have photos of you celebrating! Too fun.