Friday, December 28, 2012

Peter's Project

Peter is the best!
His coworker is remodeling his master bathroom and asked if anyone wanted the old cabinets.
I am not sure how Peter thought of it but he decided he would take them and refinish them and convert them into a sewing table for me. 
I am so excited!
I usually have my sewing machine set up on a small folding table in our bedroom.
 One of the cabinets and the drawers. 
 The other two cabinets (on their side).
The cabinets have been sanded, new back placed on them, and a new top. 
Peter added the middle piece which is where my sewing machine will go.
 Sanded and primed.
Peter spent Christmas Eve painting and finishing my beautiful sewing table.
We carried it up to our room- there is a window nook area where it fit perfectly and the windows give great light to work by-on Wednesday.
I can not wait to put it to use. I always have a pile of to be repaired clothes and I have a few quick projects I need to get done in the next few weeks.
I have the best husband ever and this was an amazing Christmas present!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cool. It's great to have a handy guy!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Way to go Pete you did an awesome job! Shellie you are one lucky gal to have such a skilled hubby.

Jana Clegg said...

I love it! I bet you love it too. Way to go Peter.

Amanda Miller said...

It turned out beautiful!