Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gaylord Field Trip

We had a field trip with Arabella's preschool friends and a few other friends.
We took the kids to the Gaylord Hotel to see the Christmas lights and decorations.
Our timing was not great as we arrived at checkout time and so there were a lot of people with luggage but it was still really festive.
 Lily will not look at the camera.
 Santa's giant Texas sized boots.
 She loved the golden nutcracker.
 She saw this giant present and said, "Look it is Santa's present." Yes, I do believe Santa deserves the biggest gift if he is going to spend 24 hours delivering presents to all of the children around the world. 

 These are two of the trees we saw there. I love the one on the left. It was made of these giant metallic ornaments. And the one on the right is so patriotic and Texan. It really was lovely.
 These two pictures show what I called the train wreck tree. First, I must say that there were 4 different train tracks running around this little scene. I get why they put the various train cars and engines in the tree but in my mind it just looked like one of the trains jumped the track and landed in the tree. 

 Giant gingerbread house. It is lifesize and made with unreal amounts of sugar, flour, and frosting. I can not remember the exact numbers but I am sure your imagination can give you a good idea.
 I loved the canoe filled with Christmas balls.
 Real Texas garland- bullet lights and boots.
  Photo op with the longhorn- the girls were thrilled as you can see. 
A photo of the whole gang before we left. It was a great way to do something new and feel a bit of Christmas spirit.

No comments: