Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend

Friday:
*I shopped at Aldi for the first time. It was nice and some great prices! Milk for 1.69!
*Made a new chili recipe for the Ward chili cook off.  It had sweet potatoes in it.
*Had about 1/2 to 1/3 of the chili spill out in the car on the way to the chili cook off.  Getting scalding liquid on my seat, all over my phone, purse, and diaper bag, and some splashed on Joey's wrist.
*After cleaning it up, we had a great time at the chili cook off.

Saturday:
*In the morning, we worked on a few things around the house. I made bread and organized the remainder of our storage after filling the storage under the stairs.  Peter worked on Scout stuff and road show scenery.
*Joey had his mid-term testing at 1.  After you get your 1st degree black belt you have to wait a year to test for your second degree and you have to test half way through as your midterm. 
Joey did great! The owner will ask questions and try to stump the kids but Joey knew the answer and even pointed out something that neither the owner or Joey's instructor had realized. 

 *Check out his amazing round kick to the head! Go Joey!
*Jon had soccer pictures and a soccer game at 1:40 so Peter and I had split up to get kids where they needed to be.  Jon did great and learned about sportsmanship.
*I had a baby shower that started at 3 but I got there at 4.
*The kids had their primary program practice at 5 and so Peter and I took Lily to run a few errands. It was almost like a date.

Sunday:
*Peter made a great breakfast for the kids so they would be ready for their program. 
*We put finishing touches on lessons. I taught my family history class and sunbeams and Peter taught his deacons quorum class.
*Joey helped get dinner in the crockpot to sign off a Bear requirement.
*The program was fabulous.  All of our kids did their parts great and completely from memory. I love the primary program.  It always has such a wonderful spirit!
*Classes went great!
*We had snacks after church and I took a nap- lovely.
*The kids discovered that the storm during the night had blown the pool out from behind the grill and it landed in a perfect spot to catch all of the spill over from the rain gutter and from the roof and grill. It was full!
*Lily was in heaven and the kids splashed around a bit even though it was freezing water!
*Dinner was great! 40 clove garlic chicken!

 *Lily putting the water on her head.  Then she would gasp a little because it was so cold.
*It was a great weekend! I hope you had a great one too!

No comments: