Friday, October 19, 2012

Flashback Friday

We loved having Jon around and he fit in to life pretty smoothly.

 Like I said, Peter loves to snuggle with babies.  He still has this shirt although it is now his work shirt.
 Joey used to come up to Peter and Jon and lift up his shirt.  Then, Peter would move Jon's little arms and "punch" Joey's tummy and say: tiny fists of fury.  Joey would laugh and laugh.  Jon was too little to really to respond but he did not cry. 
 Brothers

When Jon was 4 weeks old he got RSV.  It was awful.  He was diagnosed on a Friday and we spent the weekend doing treatments and he seemed to improve.  I took him in on Monday for a recheck and we were lucky enough to get an ambulance ride from the Pediatrician's office to the children's hospital were he stayed for about 30 hours (between ER and floor).  It twas so sad!  I could not nurse him which was really hard because I had just been diagnosed with mastitis.  
The day after he was released Joey became sick.  We took him in and he had RSV and an ear infection.  We spent the next week doing breathing treatments every 4 hours, antibiotics for me and Joey, tylenol and motrin as needed for fevers for Joey, and Jon would nurse about every 2-3 hours.  I do not look back on that time as a particularly pleasant time but I was so grateful for good doctors and a baby that had been sick but not so sick he was on a ventilator and in the ICU.  
Jon I hope this was an experience only you have.

1 comment:

Jana Clegg said...

Those pictures are sooo sad. I remember we wanted to come and help but Sadie would soon be coming. I love that Jon still has the same distinct look. What a kid.