Friday, October 12, 2012

Flashback Friday

Jon was born on Dec. 15, 2005 at 11:01 pm
He was my biggest baby at 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. 
I had contractions on and off all day and finally we decided before it got any later we would go to the hospital to see.  I was nervous about how fast I would deliver and I needed antibiotics since I was strep positive.  My contractions basically stopped after getting there but just before they were going to let me go, Jon had a deceleration in his heart rate and they let me stay.  I was given antibiotics, my water was broken after that and I was started on pitocin.  Jon came 1  1/2 hours after my water was broken.  The doctor had gone home so Jon was my first to be delivered by the nurses. 
 He came really fast.  I was only in labor for an hour and a half.
 I will never forget that when his head was out it was as if he used his feet and pushed himself out the rest of the way.  He was ready to be out of there. 
Poor Peter had to go back to work.  My cousin was watching Joey for us.  Peter had just made it home about 5 am when they called to say he had woken up and was crying so he went and picked him up.  
Peter was one really tired guy.  We were thankful when my parents arrived later that day (the 16th) to help out.  
 Jon really had a distinct look to him.  Joey loved him instantly and was so excited to meet him.

 Jon had to stay for exactly 48 hours and so I stayed that long too.  But I was more than ready to leave even though it was 11 at night because I had been in a shared room and was ready for some peace, quiet and privacy.
 First night home.
 Peter loves to snuggle with newborns and Jon was really good at snuggling. 
His announcement picture. 

No comments: