Sunday, April 10, 2011

This and That

This is Sasha (sideways). She is still very much a puppy but is becoming more calm and we are enjoying her in our family.
This is Sasha and Rusty getting to know each other. Sasha spent a few days very carefully observing these guinea pigs but now she is not as interested.
This is a photo taken by Arabella. This is what happens when you leave the camera where the kids can reach.
This is Jon's picture of Arabella. They were filling my closet with the balloons from Peter's announcement that our baby is a girl!
This is Arabella's "tent" turned to hear the prophet speak during conference. We loved General Conference Weekend at our house. I hope you did too.
This is Arabella at Karate testing and I am not sure where she got the clover glasses.
This is Joey intensely doing his midterm testing. He has to go another 2 months before he gets his red belt but he is doing better.
This is Jon doing his testing. He got really nervous and had some trouble with his form so he will finish testing on Monday. We are very proud of him for the work he has been doing to get ready. I think the whole family almost knows his form with all of the practice we have been doing.
This is at the park we pass each time we take Joey to therapy. After his last appointment we decided to stop and play. There is a park and botanical gardens. BEAUTIFUL!
This and the picture above are what I got when I said sit closer to each other and act like you love each other. Arabella grabbed their heads. So silly.
This is Jon posing with the coy fish.
This is me and Joey in the shade enjoying the flowers.
This is the park portion and that is Joey and Jon at the top of the big spider web ball thing (true name I am sure of it.)
This is our new pool! Yes, small but it will be great to soak my swollen feet in. It was a bit windy on Saturday but I finally let the kids play in the sprinklers. They had so much fun!
This is the trampoline, 3 kids, and a hose with running water- I think you get that there was much laughter and happiness.
This is a picture I took at a preparedness fair we went to on Saturday afternoon. This huge flag was blowing majestically in the wind at the top of a very tall fire truck ladder. It was a great day!

I went to the temple on Saturday morning and ended up in the Tongan session. That was interesting. I of course wore the interpretation headset. It was really interesting to hear some of the words of the ceremony in another language while hearing them in English and knowing that it is always true- no matter what language. I love the temple! I love the gospel and I love that it is for all of God's children no matter where they are from or what language they speak.

That was awesome! Jon's preschool had a talent show Wednesday and I found out on Monday. I asked if he was going to do his karate and he said no he wanted to sing. I asked what and he said "I am a Child of God". Parents were invited. It was conducted by the music teacher and so all of the kids sang songs. They all sang songs they have been learning over the year. Most of the kids were really shy and the teacher helped them get started. Jon's turn came and she asked what song he was going to sing and he told her. She said I don't know that one and he said that he did not need help. And no he did not. He sang it with gusto! As a parent I was so proud of his confidence. I hope that his confidence was not only because of his personality but because he knew that what he was singing was true. Needless to say it was fun to hear those precious words echoing in the halls of a Methodist church.

5 comments:

Puckmasters Glenview said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsey Booth said...

Wow, Jon did such a great job! I love seeing pictures of your kiddos and the fun things you do. Love you!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Way to go Jonny! That was some good singing. Man living in the south is the best spring ever. Its April and ya'll are out in the sprinklers and we are out at the pool. Love it.

Megan said...

great singing jon!!!! love the slip and slide and tramp you have!

Jennie said...

Love, love, love your cute family!! You are such a great mom! I wish we were closer so we could hang out!