Sunday, December 27, 2009

A White Christmas

This is what happened on Christmas Eve afternoon. The boys were so excited to play in the snow. But there was not quite enough for a snowman but I was hit by a snowball, thanks Peter!

Arabella only stayed outside for a few minutes. I don't blame her it was cold!!

Peter and Joey lasted the longest. Joey took a nose dive literally on the trampoline and scraped his nose, chin, and upper lip. But they had a great time.

We opened our Christmas Eve pajamas before I left for work. (Yes, Jon has taken his shirt off and I can not remember why. Usually it is because it is "too itchy".

Such cute PJ's.
I had to leave for work after this. The roads were so nasty because before it snowed it had been raining and sleeting for about 10 hours. Now there was ice under the snow and just not fun to drive in. The worst was coming home on Christmas morning. Now the ice was really hard and so some places, like the parking lot at work were like ice arenas. I made it home safe and I only slid through one intersection. My wheels were not moving there was just enough of a slope to keep the truck moving. Crazy!!!

Joey and Jon checking to make sure Santa and the reindeer found their carrots and cookies. Santa left a note saying thanks. Santa is so good!

Check out that half eaten carrot.

Arabella loved her seat at her new table and chairs (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Rabner).

There was a great deal of excitement over the Bakugan that dad got from Santa. Now he can play with Joey and Jon. He was so happy!

Joey did not believe that this was his bike, "it was to big"! Peter climbed on and said it must be for him then, but that did not seem right, too small.

Finally, Joey gave it a try and sure enough it was a bike for him.

Jon is going to be a great puppeteer. We got quite a few new puppets and he makes great sound effects.

Arabella liked how soft her puppets were.

Jon opened his new Bakugan.

Joey opening his Bakugan. Check out that pile of chaos in the middle.

Peter got a hold of the camera so here is a shot of me still in my work clothes. I do have on my festive jacket. Jon was so eager to help me and Arabella unwrap our gifts.

Christmas was wonderful! Jon got a scooter and some dinosaurs; one even walks. Arabella a shopping cart and play food and bath toys. Joey got a bike and a bowling set and legos.

This is after I have had some sleep. Ahhh! I helped free a few more toys from packaging before starting on dinner. Peter and I had a great time making a Christmas dinner for our family and the missionaries. The elders called their families (and one girlfriend) from our house. We loved sharing our Christmas day with them.

This a picture of Arabella today. Nice horn hair after she pulled her pigtails out. Yesterday we took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakuel. They loved it.
Today, I gave a talk and it was fun to watch Peter manage the kids, he did a great job! I was also sustained as the Releif Society President. I don't think I really know what I am in for but I am always up for a challenge. We have great people in our ward and I am anxious to get to know more of them. The sisters I have for a counselor and secretary are so sweet and I think we will make a great team. I hope everyone had a magical holiday and felt the love of our Savior.

4 comments:

Cristi L. said...

Shellie you laughed at me when I told you that you'd be the next RS president. Congratulations! You will do great! Looks like you had a great WHITE Christmas! Miss you.

Levanger Family said...

That is awesome! You will be a great RS President! Your Christmas looks like it was a lot of fun. Sorry you had to work....

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Sounds like ya'll had a fun and eventfull Christmas and you even got to have snow at YOUR house. I bet the boys just loved that. Good luck with your new calling Shell I didnt know about this. You will do a great job im sure!

Kelsey Booth said...

Looks like an awesome Christmas! We missed you all in Utah. Good luck w/the new calling!