Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Moving

The week of moving began with Joey and Jon earning one last belt in Taekwondo. They loved their teachers there and we are hoping to find equally great ones here.

Joey will really miss his teacher Mrs. Gardner. She gave Joey the best start to his years of schooling we could have possibly hoped for. Jon will miss his teacher Miss Keiko so much too. He has talked about her quite a bit already.
It is a strange thing to see rooms that you have so many memories in empty. It will always be our first house where we brought home to of our children and learned so much as a family. I loved my house and the way we were able to turn it into our home.

The boys think they want their new room to be painted just like their old room. But, this time they want to help paint it. I think we just might be willing to do that. Last time I think it was Jon spilled about 1/4-1/2 gallon of paint gratefully on a drop cloth with only a little bit on the carpet.
I loved Arabella's room. It was the first time I really was able to decorate a nursery. I loved the colors and beadboard so much we area doing it again. Although, Peter suprised me and painted the purple in stripes of high-gloss and semi-gloss. It looks so good.

The Lord had a hand in our trailer being given away before we decided to pick it up and so we ended up with a bigger one which we completely filled.
And this is our jam-packed moving truck. We lucked out and had the coolest moving truck with a dinosaur on the side. Somehow that helped the boys as they watched all of their belongings being placed inside. We had so many great people help us from our ward. If you are reading this, know that we love you and you will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Saturday morning we had to do some repacking of the truck and trailer to make the last few things fit but we did it. Yea!! Peter is amazing at making things fit. My mom was wonderful and helped me get the final cleaning done. Even the boys helped out!
Arabella's first birthday was moving day! She is decked out in her cool new 1 shirt from the Larsen's. She was a trooper especially when I was holding her.
Our last picture with our house.

1 comment:

Cristi L. said...

Finally!! I've been waiting for you to update for a week. We miss you guys desperately! Jack keeps talking about his friend Jon that lives far away in "Tesas".