Monday, May 4, 2009

"Marshmallow Poop"































For family home evening tonight we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. I was feeding Arabella when the boys and Peter started on the marshmallows. Peter cooked me a mallow and I was eating it when Jon said that I needed to eat the marshmallow poop. When he was eating his mallow the gooey middle had oozed out and so naturally Jon called it poop! What a nut?! That is my favorite Jon moment of this last week, although there have been some good ones.
Joey twice in the last week made breakfast for everyone. The first time was on Thursday morning. He set the table, including cups and putting out the OJ and milk and we each had a waffle on our plate. I make extra waffles and freeze them, then we toast them. Joey loves them and he was so proud of making breakfast for everyone. How can you not love such a sweet boy!
Arabella has been a very vocal the last few days and it has been so much fun. Jon was playing with her yesterday and he got her laughing really hard! Peter and I loved watching the two of them. She likes to stick her tongue between her lips and blow, spit is flying but she can make some fun noises and thinks she is all that and a bag of chips when she does it. Tonight she began to cry so hard when I put down her jar of squash, it was all gone and that did not maker her happy! The girl likes her food!
My favorite Peter moment was seeing him at our Scout Car Wash/ Pancake Breakfast fundraiser. He took his shaved ice machine to sell those as well. He had Arabella in the bjorn carrier and he was in his element making sno-balls. He is so funny! He has spent a lot of time on the computer this week looking for and applying for jobs. We have only applied in Nevada and Utah thus far but are going to be expanding our search to Colorado and Northern California this week.
I worked four shifts this last week, three of them in a row and all three of those I was the triage nurse. I have three words for you all: Swine flu panic. Now, don't get me wrong, I know there really is a swine flu and that people really are getting sick and in very severe cases dying. But, 30,000-40,000 people die of the common flu each year and last night when I was watching the news I think they reported there have been about 800 confirmed cases of swine flu worldwide. So, I say to all, as I had to say more than once to one couple, wash your hands often and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. As a healthcare provider, I do like that this may cause hospitals and vendors of certain supplies to be more prepared for other such cases that may arise in the future. My favorite part of this week was Wednesday night, I did not work and Peter went to Scouts as usual. For that short time, life felt almost normal. My mind did not focus on job hunting or how many shifts I need to work. I was absorbed in my three precious children. I bathed them, we read scriptures and did our journal and I read a story to them and then off to bed. Peter came home and we watched some TV together. Life was good and is good!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

love that! we LOVE to do smores! and we totally agree with you about the panic - proms were rescheduled, schools have been closed for 9 days, email jokes are flying.... alas - please extend the job search to texas!!!

Kelsey Booth said...

Your kids are the best. Isn't life great when you go through all of these changes. Having those "back to normal" moments are so great. I can imagine peter doing snoballs w/the bjorn! He is so funny.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

thanks shell you are the best sister in law ever! you are always thinking of us and its so sweet. brady loved having you and joey visit him for his birthday especially since we were all gone. when are you coming up?? i have not seen ya;ll in so long. we are trying to plan a trip south also... brady is back in school taking a class for the summer so now that makes trips more challenging. but we will make it down there soon. love you!!