Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This is War!


About 2 weeks ago I thought I saw a sqaush bug on one of our plants and so I have been watching very closely and yes they have arrived. But I have declared war on them and I will come off conqueror. Some of you may know and I have learned that they really stink when you squish them. I have been reading up on them and the best thing to do is to kill them. Last night before I went to work, Peter and I tried to crush all of the eggs we could find or we cut off the leaf or stem that had eggs on it. Peter sprayed really well with Sevin last night and I killed some more this afternoon with Jon's help. He had great big garden gloves on and was helping me kill the bad bugs. A piece of funny info. I found on the internet on more than one site, supposedly squash bugs don't like zucchini! I don't think these people have ever had a garden in Utah or Nevada. If any of you have other suggestions let me know because I will win!

No comments: