Monday, May 11, 2009

Happiness is...!

My older sister Malisa and my youngest sister Jana teach dance for BYU Young Dancemakers and this last weekend was the annual concert. The title was "Happiness is..."! My mom said it was wonderful and that the dances were amazing. She said that Malisa's was the best she thought Malisa had ever choreographed. I wish I could see them but to my two sisters I send KUDOS to you! You inspire me, your students and countless others! The title of the concert is the inspiration for this blog. These are all pictures from this week and all of these moments brought me great happiness!
1. Peter, Joey, and Jon enjoying our FHE treat of brownies, ice cream and fudge (we made it by squishing all of the ingredients in a ziploc bag)! Jon climbed onto Peter's lap and kicked his feet up, silly boy!

2. Laying on the floor with Arabella while she kicks and flaps her arms and laughs and smiles!:)

3. My mother's day corsage. It was beautiful and Arabella tried so very hard at church to take a bite of it. She tore off a petal and eventually pulled it off of my shirt. (Love Jon's smile.)

4. I received these flowers from my in-laws on Friday for Mother's day. There are very few tulips around in Las Vegas and so this was a true treat. I remember cutting tulips in my mom's yard and putting them in vases! Aren't these just beautiful!

5. Sunday after church, Peter worked on making the salad we were assigned for a dinner we had at friends and I helped the boy's make a fort! Jon did not want his picture taken. A while back they layed a chair down and the back rested in the couch. Jon would walk across the back and then step between the legs and fall through the blanket covering it. They would laugh and laugh because it was this was their "booby trap". I love kids imaginations!
6. Joey's soccer game. Who doesn't smile when they see a herd of kids in two different colored shirts moving en mass across a field chasing the ball. And then the parents on the side lines cheering them on and reminding them which way they should be kicking the ball and running. So funny is all I have to say!

7. Jon who when he wears this shirt has to check to see if the grasshopper has poop! What can I say he is obsessed with poop.

8. Joey's Preschool Mother's Day Tea! They sang an adorable song. They had asked the kids questions and written the answers down in their own words. My favorite was that Joey said I was three zero because that is the number she is. We have been working with him on how the bigger numbers are written like 30, 40, etc. It is great to know he is listening.








9. Quilting! This is a picture of the fabric for a quilt I have started to make. I was asked by a friend to do a quilt club by mail sort of thing. We each have been assigned a color and we make to flower quilt blocks using that color (10 of each). I am so happy about having a new project to work on.









10. Peter and I are going to the temple tomorrow morning to do some baptisms for the dead, with family names from my mother-in-law (she is a genealogy guru). It is a sweet experience to have my husband share his priesthood power with me by baptizing me for these deceased ancestors.

3 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Shell I just love your kiddos smiles... they warm my heart!

Kelsey Booth said...

I think kids make it easy to find happiness. Even when things are tough they make you grateful for all you are abundantly blessed with.

Melinda McBride said...

Man, what a great week!!! We miss you!