Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Easter 2015!

The Easter Bunny at our house does not just leave baskets lying around to be found (unless church is at 8:30 and then he is smart and just leaves them on the table). 
Jon, had been begging that I let the Easter Bunny know that he would really like a string maze this year. That is when each child has a color of yarn that is wound all over the house and eventually leads them to their basket. 
Well the Bunny had something even better (per Jon after it was over) in store... a scavenger hunt.
Each child had a plastic egg waiting for them outside their door. They each had a color and there were as many clues as their age until they would find their basket. 
 Some clues were tricky and led the kids up and down the stairs multiple times.
The fireplace clue had the boys hung up for several minutes but they perservered. 
 Lily had no problem figuring out the toaster heats up her waffles. 

 Of course it rained, alot as you can see but Arabella bravely went out to the swamp (aka backyard) to retrieve one of her clues. 
 There were even clues in the garage and mailbox. 

 Jon was so fast with this one that he was a blur. 
 Samantha slep through most of the hula baloo but she did get a basket with a new stuffed bunny. 



I love conference Easter Sundays. We were blessed to have the missionaries over for the afternoon session and for dinner. Dessert was cupcakes with chocolate mousse filling- Samantha proved to us she would have no problem with her birthday cake! 
I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. I know that in my most trying of times the only source of peace I have found was my Savior. I am thankful for his perfect example and I am trying each day to be more like him. I pray that I can serve him more diligently to show my love for him. 

No comments: