Saturday, October 11, 2014

Utah Trip Day3

I believe I mentioned that the reason for heading to Utah was to learn to can grape juice. 
Well, Saturday we canned/bottled.
After getting the kids fed and started we began to wash and sort produce.
My mom was nice enough to let me go for a run with my sister Jana- what a treat. It was sprinkling when we left and started to rain a little harder and a little harder until it was a downpour and my dad had to come and rescue us. We were soaked clear through but it was refreshing. 
Back to bottling. 
We got some grapes going in the juicer and then set to work on the salsa which we decided to do since my parents still had so much produce. 
My eyes watered from the onions and my throat burned from the peppers even though I did not cut either one they were just that strong. 
We made a good team. 
It took most of the day but in the end we bottled about 24 quarts of grape juice and 30 half pint jars of salsa.  It felt so good! I learned so much and I look forward to trying to do it myself.
We cleaned up and my mom and I snuck away for a few minutes to do some shopping. 
The men took the kids to a movie (Planes: Fire and Rescue) while we ladies had dinner at Kneaders and then went to the Women's Broadcast which is where I finally took a picture that day. 
My most amazing, talented, loving, smart, gifted, spiritual MOM!

No comments: