Monday, October 13, 2014

Utah Trip Day 5

Monday was a magical day!
The stars aligned and I was reunited with my 5 roommates from BYU.
I did not know these girls but they all knew each other and I really did not know what to expect.
Would they like me? Would we get along? Would they accept me? Would we be close?
The answer to all of those was a resounding YES!!!
The Lord had such a blessing in store for me 17 years ago! 
It is one of those blessings where I truly feel the windows of heaven were opened upon me and I still don't have room enough to receive it! 
You will struggle to find 5 more amazing women! It was so fun to visit for hours. Peter came along too and he pointed out that it was as if we were just picking up where we left off. (We are just each sporting a few kids and more life experiences and more ups and downs.)
There are days that I imagine myself back in one of our apartments laughing and dancing and putting up quotes of the day or Pinkie and the Brain quotes. These women are a huge part of the reason I am the person I am today. I would do anything for any of them! I pray for them and love them!
(Top Row L to R: Wendy - my "room" roommate as we called it; Rachel; Heather
Bottom Row L to R: Paula, Me, Lora Jean)
That night we had a family dinner to celebrate Joey and my niece Kate's birthday. 
It was more cousin craziness and great fun!


 Seriously, could I have caught a more awkward picture of Jon- I love it!



 My family! Oh how I love them! 
I wish I could make a trip to visit each month!
 We are a good looking family! I am blessed by them each day.
I am thankful they all made an effort to see us and hang out with us while we were in town.
Since returning home, Lily has prayed fro Grandma and Grandpa's house and trips there. 
For me, that means it was worth it if she in her 3 year old mind thinks it was great enough to pray for! 

No comments: