Friday, September 12, 2014

Passing the Time

With the start of the school year, we started the kids back to their activities.
Joey has taekwondo 4 times a week, Jon starts swimming lessons this weekend, and Arabella and Lily started dancing. I am teaching the boys piano lessons since I have not been able to find a teacher that does not want to charge an arm and a leg. 
 When there is time to kill while Joey is in class, we head to the nearby park.
Lily had a grand time collecting horse apples. I have been told they hold some bug repelling properties.  
 
 Samantha had her first ride down a slide (on Arabella's lap).
These kinds of playground equipment make me happy and nostalgic. The new playgrounds may be bright and colorful but we sure had fun playing on all metal equipment like this above. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Samantha looks so different from your other kids! I'm trying to work out who she looks like. And, it's always good to get some park time. Perhaps I should take mine to one today. :)