Friday, September 19, 2014

Arrow of Light and Bridging

Joseph has been working hard and growing up and so the time came for him to receive his Arrow of Light and to "bridge" from cub scouts to boy scouts. 
He was really excited!
 Our cub scouting program shrank this summer to just a few boys (literally 5) so this fall we began to meet with another pack. This was our first pack meeting.
 They let us do our bridging and Arrow of Light ceremonies. Peter came up with them for his ticket items for Woodbadge. (If you are reading this and you don't know what I am talking about, don't worry. If you spend anytime doing scouting in the church you will hear about Woodbadge at some point.)
 I really don't know where the time went. It was not so long ago that he was my Thomas the Tank Engine loving, mud making, vacuum loving little boy. He grew up and is still an amazing person he just is not a little boy anymore. He is becoming a young man and I am proud of who he is becoming. 

He loves scouts and is looking forward to all that Boy Scouts has to offer. 
My camera died and so this was taken with my phone with Samantha on my lap, hence the blurriness. But Joey did a bunch of things and has a great looking Arrow of Light to show for it. 
It was a wonderful night. I look forward to more award ceremonies with Joseph and Jon.

No comments: