Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hunger Strike

Samantha has been on what we are affectionately calling the hunger strike. 
She decided on Labor Day that she would not take a bottle anymore. I was at work and Peter tried all sorts of things and even had the kids try. She would not do it and so she cried herself to sleep and did not wake up until the next morning just before I got home and then she was more than ready to eat.  

 I decided to try her on some cereal to see if she would eat it so that Peter would have something to fall back on. She did not know what to think when I first gave it to her. 

Peter tried giving it to her a few nights later and it went much better. 
He called me at work on the 9th and asked how much cereal he was supposed to give her because she was going to town on it! I said whatever she will eat. 
I hope she decides bottles are not all bad but at least she thinks solids are okay.

No comments: