Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Full Scale Preparations

First, this is Lily in her new "I will strike a ballet pose every time you want to take my picture" pose.  She is also sporting what she calls "Let it Go" hair or sometimes she calls it Elsa hair.  Thank you Frozen for helping my girls to love braids. 

 She got a new puzzle at the dollar store today and did it surprisingly fast and with little help from me. She was very proud of herself. 
Now for the nitty gritty of what has been going on around here with Peter home. 
I finished weeding the front flower beds and the kids raked up a bunch of leaves working quite well together. 
 I needed to come up with a new arrangement for some of the girls' hair bows- with 3 there will be more and Peter is thrilled! ;) So the dining table is covered in a mix of craft supplies to make a new bow holder and church stuff- I had sharing time and I have yet to put it all away. 
With soon to be 5 kids it was time to get some new dressers.  Kids clothes get bigger as they do and so the girls sharing a dresser was not really working so well anymore. 
We got a great deal on 2 very similar dressers but they were the above color/finish.
Actually this is one that has been sanded down.  While Peter was away, I sanded and primed both dressers.
 Peter's job on Saturday was to get them both sprayed. He was happy to have another chance to use his sprayer.  We bought new pulls at Hobby Lobby and I hope to stencil some purple and green designs on the front but for now they look amazing! I spent yesterday switching clothes over-now I can not remember where I put what type of clothes but I will get there.
 Believe it or not, this is Samantha's room.  There is obviously still a great deal of progress to be made in there. The food storage cabinet that is going to be built in the office is designed but it will not be built for a few weeks until Peter is less crazy at work, oh and not working 9 hours from home. 
The girl's old dresser has been moved in and the newborn and 3 month clothes have been washed and are now put away; as well as the blankets and burp cloths.  Now I just need to get the bins back into the attic.  We bought a ceiling fan to install and Peter tried to do it last night. It should have been a quick project but when the builder strips the screws out that need to be removed to install a new fixture you will have all kinds of problems.  The car seat is in the black garbage bag waiting to be washed.
My coworkers threw me a surprise diaper shower- it was absolutely wonderful.  So, my Pottery Barn changing table (I have never had one until now) that Peter found on the side of the road, is cleaned and in place and stocked full of diapers and wipes.  
I bought the paint for her room yesterday. it won't get painted before she comes but at least we have it so we can start whenever.  I also came up with a decorating idea, which is not really like me.  This means I have been to 2 different thrift stores, Lowe's, and the craft store getting various things to complete the look. I am pleased with how it is coming together so far but I am sure it will need a few more things once it goes up. I will post more pictures soon. 

My kids are in full count down mode- who are we kidding I am totally too!
I go in on April 11th at 5:00 pm and April 12th is the big day! It is super exciting and at the same time a bit surreal.  There is so much going on around here that at times I have to remind myself that I am about to have a newborn that will consume a good portion of my time. I am so grateful for my amazing husband (who will be in town after another week long trip starting tomorrow), my helpful children, my parents who are coming to help out with the first bit of insanity, and Peter's mom who is coming 2 weeks after Samantha is born to help me while Peter is away for the weekend. 
Alright, there are things to get done so off I go!

No comments: